SHOP THE CO-OP NOW AT:
This Week’s Featured Veggies are GINGER & TURMERIC.
Top reasons I love them…
- They taste absolutely amazing.
- Can be prepared in various ways.
- They have impressive benefits include eliminating inflammation, increasing cognition, preventing cancer, strengthening the immune system, and easing gastrointestinal distress. It also aids in protecting the heart, regulates diabetes, soothes pain, counters depression, and improves the skin quality.
This season, give yourself a healthy boost! As the cool weather sets in and the seasons change, our immune systems start to decrease and viruses and other flu bugs start to become more common around us. This season give your body a boost with some Ginger Turmeric Tea or simply chop them up and add them to your meals!
Both ginger and turmeric are underground roots that grow very well here in our subtropical climate. We are lucky to be able to receive such fresh roots from our local region. This season Little Pond Farm in Bushnell, FL is currently offering us their freshly harvested roots and I encourage you to try them and even make them part of your regular diet when they are in season. Eating fresh seasonally harvested foods grown close to the region you live in is one of the best ways to boost your immune system and stay healthy.
IMMUNITY BOOSTING GINGER TURMERIC TEA RECIPE
Turmeric ginger tea boasts a number of antimicrobial, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic qualities that make it an excellent immune system aid. If you suffer from weak immunity and seem to come down with a cold all the time, this herbal tea may be your solution. Furthermore, for a cough, colds, and congestion, a combination of these powerful ingredients helps to speed healing and eliminate the underlying infections.
1 cup of water (filtered)
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 teaspoon of grated turmeric
1 teaspoon of honey or lemon juice
1 teaspoon of black pepper
Step 1 – Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan or stainless steel pot.
Step 2 – Add the turmeric and ginger, and then bring the heat down to a simmer.
Step 3 – Allow the mixture to steep for 10-15 minutes.
Step 4 – Strain the tea into a teapot.
Step 5 – Add the black pepper, lemon juice, and honey, and enjoy the beverage!
How Often Can You Drink Turmeric Ginger Tea?
This tea is extremely powerful, so drinking one cup of this potent brew each day is enough to enjoy the health benefits outlined above. Consuming more than this is not only dangerous, but it does increase the risk of certain side effects.
Side Effects Of Turmeric Ginger Tea
The side effects of turmeric ginger tea are largely the result of excess consumption and include gastrointestinal problems. Also, they can occur as a result of drug interactions, complications with pregnancy, individual allergies, and excessive consumption of the tea, which is not recommended. To learn more about specific possible side effects follow this link: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/turmeric-ginger-tea.html
OTHER GREAT “GINGER” RECIPES
Follow this link for all of the below Ginger recipes:
- Zucchini Noodles with Chicken and Ginger Dressing
- Crispy Tofu Steaks with Ginger Vinaigrette
- Passion Fruit Ice Cream Pie with a Ginger Crust
- Ginger-Roasted Winter Squash
- Gingered Butternut Squash Soup with Spicy Pecan Cream
- Apple Cider–Ginger Shrub
- Ginger-Lime Baby Carrots
- Ginger-Lemongrass Soda
- Beef Stir-Fry with Fresh and Pickled Ginger
- Double-Ginger Sugar Cookies
- Sizzled-Ginger RiceMarinated Baby Artichokes with Dill and Fresh Ginger
- Citrus Salad with Candied Ginger
- Chocolate Wafers with Ginger, Fennel and Sea Salt
- Sake-Steamed Mussels with Ginger, Miso and Spinach
- Ginger-Garlic Shrimp with Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Ginger-Miso Sweet Pea Spread
- Ginger Vinaigrette
- Lamb Pita Pockets with Tomato-Ginger Compote
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Raisin-Ginger Pan Sauce
- Coffee-Ginger Shakerato
- Lemon-Ginger Mousse
- Ginger-Spiced Pecans
- Ginger-Marinated Chicken with Onions and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Ginger-Beef Noodle Soup
- Ginger Sandwich Cookies
- Ginger-Roasted Chicken
- Molasses-Gingerbread Cake with Mascarpone Cream
- Ginger Rogers
OTHER GREAT “TURMERIC” RECIPES
Follow this link for all of the below Turmeric recipes:
- Golden Steak and Eggs
- Easy Persian Fried Fish
- Seven-Spice Roasted Chicken
- Kurdish White Beans with Tomatoes and Dried Lime
- Eggplant with Pomegranate, Millet and Mint
- Moroccan Goat Curry
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Spiced Coconut Lentils with Peppered Eggs
- Mango-Turmeric Lassi
- Vegetarian Butter Tofu
- Cauliflower-Heart Pickles
Eat Healthy, Move Often and Be Happy ☺
Love & Light,
Dunedin Harvest Co-op Founder
SHOP THE CO-OP NOW AT: